Learn how to market Crafty Gift Pockets specifically to your ideal customer by following these marketing tips for your crochet business.
This post may contain affiliate links meaning I may receive a small commission from purchases made at no extra cost to you.
You may have noticed I am pretty obsessed with creating crochet gift pocket patterns! So fare we have 6 designs, but I have over 30 sketches the world hasnt even seen yet!
Learning how to market gift pockets directly to YOUR unique ideal customer is going to help you get more sales. Continue reading for all my best tips and tricks to help you get the most sales for your crochet Crafty Gift Pockets.
1. Make your customers’ lives easier.
The Crafty Gift Pocket is more than just a gift card holder. It’s incredibly versatile and can be used for practically anything! This gives you a great opportunity to show your ideal customer all of the amazing ways the Crafty Gift Pocket can help them.
Maybe your ideal customer is a soccer mom. Show how the Crafty Gift Pocket can hold small first aid items, perfect for those scrapes and cuts on the soccer field.
If your ideal customer is a teacher, show how it can hold hand sanitizer to help keep germs out of the classroom.
Maybe your customer is active and loves to work out. Show them how the Crafty Gift Pocket can hold their small makeup essentials to quickly freshen up after a workout.
By showing the many different uses, you’re showing your customers how the Crafty Gift Pocket is the perfect accessory they didn’t know they needed.
2. Show off your ideal customer’s personality.
The Crafty Gift Pockets are great for holding so many things, but they also come in a variety of designs. Show your ideal customer how the designs can fit in with their unique personality.
Maybe your ideal customer is a teacher, the Pencil Gift Pocket would be a perfect way to highlight their love of teaching.
Is your ideal customer more earthy or loves nature? Then the Crafty Frog or Cactus pockets may be perfect for them.
With various designs, the Crafty Gift Pockets offer a personalized touch that can match your ideal customer’s unique personality and interests.
We are releasing new designs all the time. Make sure you sign up for the Crafty Newsletter so you’re notified when a new design goes live. You will get a free PDF sheet of Crafty Gift Pocket product tags just for signing up!
3. Customize the colors for your ideal customer.
The Crafty Gift Pockets are also super easy to customize. Changing the yarn colors is another great way to market the Crafty Gift Pocket to your ideal customer.
If your customer is into the strawberry cow trend, you can easily switch up the yarn colors on the Crafty Cow Gift Pocket, creating a one-of-a-kind item tailored specifically to their tastes.
If you live in Kentucky, the Cardinal is our state bird! You can easily modify the Chick Egg pocket to be a cardinal egg pocket by changing yarn colors.
You can also attract customers by taking advantage of the latest trends.
Maybe your town is passionate about a particular sports team, incorporating their team colors into the Crafty Gift Pocket is a fantastic way to connect with your ideal customer and show your support for the local community.
By customizing the colors of the Crafty Gift Pockets, you can create unique items that match your ideal customer’s style and interests, building a stronger connection with them and helping them see how a gift pocket will raise their quality of life.
4. The Perfect Way to Package a Thoughtful Gift
My go-to way to market Crafty Gift Pockets is as fun, creative gift packaging. It adds a little personality to gifting something like a gift card or cash. Bonus points, because now your gift recipient can use the gift pocket for some of the things mentioned earlier in this post!
Let your audience know how fun it is to package small gifts inside a Crafty Gift Pocket!
5. Party Favors for a Themed Birthday Party
If your ideal customer is the type of parent that likes to throw fun, extravagant birthday parties, a Crafty Gift Pocket would make a head-turning treat back to hand out as party favors!
The Cactus Pocket would be great for party themes like tacos, Cinco de Mayo, llama and cactus, or any sort of cactus/succulent party theme.
The Cow Pocket would be perfect for a farm-themed party, animal-themed party, a Chick-Fil-A party, or a cow print party like “Holy Cow I’m One” or “Moo Moo Look Who’s Two.”
The Egg or Chick Egg gift pockets would be fun for a chicken-themed party, farm-themed party, or a KFC-themed party (if you’re into that).
6. Selling at Farmers’ Markets
If you set up a booth at your local farmers market, try taking some gift pockets the next time you go. I think the Egg, Chick Egg, Cow, and Cactus pockets would sell well at farmers’ markets. How cute would a basket of Egg gift pockets be made in different “farm fresh egg” colors?
Crochet your gift pockets in organic, natural fiber yarns and they will be a true crowd-pleaser at farmers’ markets!
7. Crafty Gift Pocket Keychains
Another fun/easy way to market Crafty Gift Pockets is as a keychain! You can grab some colorful keyrings off Amazon, attach them to your gift pocket, then show your customers how they could use this in their life.
Does your ideal customer have school-aged kids? Show a gift pocket attached to a backpack holding hand sanitizer or lunch money.
Does your ideal customer have small babies? Show a gift pocket attached to a diaper bag holding bandaids and Neosporin.
Does your ideal customer go to the gym? Show a gift pocket attached to a gym bag holding water flavoring packets.
Whatever session of life your ideal customer is currently in, show them how a gift pocket keychain can be beneficial.
8. Classmate Gifts
Crafty Gift Pockets would be perfect for adding creativity to classmate gifts! Market them to your audience in a 25-pack! They’d be fun end-of-the-year gifts, first-day-of-school gifts, or even Valentine’s Day gifts!
The Pencil Gift Pocket would be perfect for classmate gifts, but so would the other designs!
You could attach a card that says
- “You’re udderly fantastic” with the cow pocket.
- “You’re one cool chick” with the chick pocket.
- “I think you’re EGGcellent” with the egg pocket.
- “I’m a SUCCA for you” with the cactus pocket.
- “You’re TOAD-ally cool” with the frog pocket.
Have fun and get creative with these! Everyone loves a good pun 😉
9. Get Creative: Some Fun Ways to Use the Crafty Gift Pockets.
I’ve already listed a few different ways you can market the Crafty Gift Pocket to your ideal customer but here are a few more creative ideas!
- For travelers or people who are always on the go, show them how the Crafty Gift Pocket can hold a sewing kit for unexpected clothing mishaps. Things like fixing a loose button are so much easier with the Crafty Gift Pocket.
- For a baby shower gift, use the Cactus Gift Pocket to package a small gift and include a tag that says “You Grow Girl” on the front. This would be a fun pun for someone growing a tiny human!
- For the gamer, carrying playing cards allows you to play no matter where you are. A Crafty Gift Pocket and a pack of Uno cards are a perfect way to show your ideal customer how to take the game with them on the go. (You may need to go up a hook size depending on your tension.)
- Does your ideal customer shop at stores like Aldi? The Crafty Gift Pocket is perfect for holding their Aldi quarter!
- How about the ideal customer who loves music? The Crafty Gift Pocket would be great for holding headphone cases. This would also make a great gift for teens.
- Maybe your ideal client has to take medication throughout the day. The Crafty Gift Pocket could hold small pill containers for managing health conditions. They’re much cuter than carrying a pill bottle in your bag!
- How about the eco-friendly customer? Show how the Crafty Gift Pocket can be used over and over again. You can refill them like the refillable Easter Egg.
There are so many ways to market Crafty Gift Pockets. When you’re promoting them to your ideal customer, make sure to think about how this item can make their lives simpler, more convenient, and more fun! Then show them practical examples of how they can include the Crafty Gift Pocket in their own daily routines.
I hope you found this post helpful and get lots of sales selling crochet Crafty Gift Pockets!